In 1700 the first settlers came to "The Land of Waveren" which was renamed Tulbagh in 1806. Straatskerk, now known as Morgansvlei Estate, was leased to Jannetjie de Clerq in 1710 by Simon van der Stel, Governor of the Cape of Good Hope as one of the five original farms in Waveren. Morgansvlei, restored and operated by the Morgan Family, is now a working estate making it possible to embrace the farm atmosphere by taking leisurely strolls through the vineyards and orchards.
© Morgansvlei Country Estate 2004 - 2014. All rights reserved.
Designed and maintained by IDS Studio